- A coalition of inner city drop-in centres, of which Rossbrook Is a member, organizes two camping experiences for children ages 8 to 12. There is an overnight for the 8-10 year olds and a five day camp for the 10-12 year olds.
- Both camps take place at a licensed camp and are operated in partnership with staff from the coalition agencies.
- Rossbrook runs a camp during the last two weeks of July. This camp is located at the Maskwa Project, an environmental hostel and retreat centre on the Maskwa River near Pine Falls. The camp is a vacation for Rossbrook regulars.
- Participants at the camp are put into groups to help with the meal preparation and to clean up afterwards. The remainder of a person's time can be spent: canoeing, swimming, water-skiing, fishing, playing board games, and sitting around a camp fire.
Rotary Leadership Circle Program
- The Rotary Leadership Circle Program was developed in partnership with the Winnipeg Rotary Club and a Coalition of Community Based Youth Serving Agencies. The Rotary Club sponsors this six-week program each summer. The program gives children ages 10 to 12 the opportunity for volunteer work experience in the service of their community. The children are given four-hour shifts in which they prepare a nd serve meals at the drop-in centre, plant flowers on the boulevards of the community and pick up trash in the area.
- An honorarium is given at the completion of the participant's hours. They are then taken shopping for new clothes and other school items. The program builds self esteem and teaches community spirit. It is a valuable work experience that gives children a model for earning and spending money.
Summer Activity Program
- The Summer Activity Program gives children fun and interesting activities to do during the hot summer months. There is a daily outing for a group of up to 10 children.
- The Program makes extensive use of free community events, tours, swimming pools and parks. A weekly beach day and special events like: Camp Manitou or trips to amusement parks or water slides are scheduled.
- The Program includes playroom activities from Monday to Sunday in our multi-purpose room. Arts and crafts as well as games and activities are followed by a nutritious snack.