- Traditional Arts programming happens on regular evenings during the school year.
- Beading materials are provided for participants to work on a variety of projects. They also work on outfits for the Annual Rossbrook Pow Wow. A snack is provided.
- The program has many connections with Rossbrook's Eagles Nest Program and participates in events (ceremonies, feasts) coordinated by them.
- The Rossbrook House Music Program is a creative forum for youth in our community. Young people can express themselves in many mediums that all share the common root of music. These mediums and activities include:
- Playing guitar, drums, and keyboards
- Singing and song writing
- Creating sound tracks with specially designed software
- Scratchin' to create dance and rap music on dual turntables
- Rappin' to express the beat and the feelings of the street
- Composing 'spoken word' - setting personal poetry to music
- Creating CDs of their own musical creations
- The music program operates on Monday and Wednesday evenings. It is led by a contracted Music Coordinator and Assistants as well as some dedicated volunteers.
Pow Wow Dance Practice
- Each spring in preparation for our annual Pow Wow there are weekly traditional dance practices. Students from our alternative schools as well as interested children and youth who come to Rossbrook get instructions from qualified teachers.
- These sessions are also a time to work on traditional outfits for the Pow Wow